Connect your Viator account to your indie Dashboard so that your inventory is updated in real-time and your bookings sync to your indie Dashboard.
Once connected, your booking calendar on Viator will display availability directly from indie. When your traveller books via your Viator listing, the booking will be displayed in your indie supplier dashboard. The availability/inventory will be updated across Viator, and indie Travel and on all your connected OTA channels as well as your indie booking widget (if you are using this).
For Support: Send an email to email@example.com with a link to your products on Viator or with your account username and our team can help you to finalise the connection.
To link your account:
1.1 You need to create an account with Viator.
1.2 Create your tours within your Viator account.
Establish a Connection with indie
2.1 Request connection in indie
2.2 Request connection in Viator
Connect your Tours
1.1 Create an account with Viator
Creating an account is straightforward; you can register here. You will be asked for your business confirmation documents and your business insurance.
Once approved, you can start adding your first product. Please keep the product name the same as your indie product name for the connection to work.
1.2 Create your tours within your Viator account
Note: The only information exchanged between indie and viators API is Availability and bookings. Viators API does not read the tour listing details (photos, descriptions etc) and so this needs to be loaded directly into Viator first.
- You'll be asked for basic information such as Language and title, Categorization, Theme, and Photos.
- Next, you'll provide product information such as; Meeting & pickup, Tour details, Languages Offered, inclusion & exclusions, What makes your product unique, Information travellers need from you, COVID-19 updates.
- Schedules and pricing are important sections, as this is the information exchanged between the indie and Viator API. You must replicate what is in your indie tour for the connection to be approved.
- Finally, you'll be asked for booking and ticket information, payment offers, and connecting to TripAdvisor Listings.
- Once your tour is ready, you'll be asked to make a Product Quality Review payment. Currently, this is £25.00 GBP per product listing.
2.1 Request connection in indie
You will need to login into your indie dashboard and go to 'integrations' > 'Connect'
2. Request connection in Viator
- Log in to your Viator Management Centre
- Click on your company name at the top right of your screen, then select Account
- Open the Connectivity tab, now click Connect now
- Choose indie Travel from the dropdown, and click save.
Once you have requested a connection the status on your indie dashboard will change to complete, if this doesn't change within 24 hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to check on the connection status.
3. Connect your Tours
If you haven't yet added your tours to indie you will need to do this first, reach out to email@example.com if you would like assistance with this.
Important Note: Once connecting to an API any manual confirmation settings will be overridden and all new bookings will be instantly confirmed. More info.
On the Viator Product page, Click 'Manage'.
Open the 'Product Connection' section.
Click 'edit' > You'll be presented with a screen to select your product and the pricing card.
The 'Product ID' can be found on your indie Dashboard under my tours:
Once you have completed these steps, you will receive a notification that your account is linked 🥳
Please note: If you have very recently created your product in the indie dashboard, you may need to wait 24 hours before Viator can link to the tour.